Wednesday, October 5, 2011
Death
I I was thinking....Every time someone mentions death (RIP Steve Jobs), I always think about my hatred of funerals. I mean, not all funerals bother me....well no...ALL funerals obviously bother me a little, but open casket funerals freak me the heck out. I don't like dead bodies. They're just creepy weird. I mean....can't we celebrate a person's life without staring at their lifeless corpse? I guess it's kind of a dark cynical way of looking at it, but for real, it bothers me. I think everyone should be cremated. I mean, isn't it more appealing to think about sprinkling someone's ashes in a really pretty peaceful spot than putting their pale body in a box and burying it? Just....ew. I get nothing out of looking at a person's dead body. They never look like they used to anyway. I would rather just remember them how they looked before. I mean, if you think about it, a body is just someone's shell anyway. Or...like a skin. I like to compare death to a snake shedding its skin. You leave the skin behind but what was inside keeps living. I mean....the person really doesn't die at all. It's more like the death of a phase than the death of a person. Here's how I want my funeral to go. First of all, I want to be cremated. I know I won't be in that body anymore....so why waste space with a casket filled with my creepy dead shell. Ehem, anyway...yes cremated. Then have a table with pictures of me and play my favorite music (yes...Backstreet Boys will be playing at my funeral XD). Then have all my closest friends and family stand and talk about me....talk about the funny stories, my weird quirks, my dreams, ya know...all that stuff. I know you can never make a funeral a really happy experience, but you can definitely make it less creepy! Funerals shouldn't be about mourning someone's death, it should be about celebrating their life!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment